Tom yam kung, or spicy shrimp soup, is the number one of the top ten Thai dishes loved by foreigners, according to a recent investigation. And in fact, it is one of the most favourite dishes for Thai people as well. It is simply because it is so delicious for its unique sour and spicy taste that you will certainly need it more and more if you try it just once.
Thai food generally not only provides a wonderful taste but also includes medicinal properties in its herbal ingredients as well. Tom yam kung is one of the best examples. To make you acquainted with this special Thai dish, this article will introduce you to the recipe for the soup and its herbal properties.
How to cook it?
1. Pour the water into a pot, add the lemon grass and kaffir-lime leaves and heat it.
2. Add the shrimps when the water is boiling and cover the pot.
3. Wait for 3 minutes before adding the mushrooms and salt.
4. Leave it to simmer for a few minutes. Then remove from the heat.
5. Season with fish sauce, lime juice and ground chilli.
6. Put the chopped coriander leaves in the pot before serving.
Eng : Tom yam kung
Thai : tom-yam-kung
Eng : Shrimp
Thai : kung
Eng : Kaffir lime leaves
Thai : bai-ma-krut
Eng : Lemongrass
Thai : ta-khrai